© Cherry Ridge Skilled Nursing Facility | All Rights Reserved | designed by RCS
Where You Are Treated Like Family
Skilled Nursing Facility
5980 Cherry Ridge Road
Bastrop, LA 71220
Here you’ll find the kind of environment you’ve been looking for - a quiet, inviting facility that gives you what you really want most at this time: quality care and compassion.
For both short-term and long-term rehabilitation we are equipped to provide a wide range of comprehensive health care services to our residents. Therapeutic diets are monitored under the supervision of a registered dietician. Twenty-four-hour nursing care is provided. In-house physical, occupational and speech therapy are also available. A stimulating activities program is offered seven days a week.
Cherry Ridge’s physical therapists aim to restore patients to their highest possible level of function by applying scientific principles to prevent, identify,
alleviate or compensate for neuromusculoskeletal dysfunctions. Specifically, patients receive tailored treatment regimens which may include:
• Therapeutic exercise programs to help muscle functions, coordination, endurance, and mobility
• Gait and functional training for safety and independence
• Muscle re-education techniques to regain function
• Joint and soft-tissue mobilization to increase range of motion
• Thermal and electrical modality utilization for pain management
Cherry Ridge’s occupational therapists assist patients in gaining the skills necessary for independence in their social and physical environments. Using myriad, tailored interventions, our therapists adapt tasks and modify environments to enhance each patient’s ability to function. Clinical services may include:
• Education and training in daily living skills such as; dressing, bathing, eating and grooming.
• Sensorimotor treatments for strength, endurance, range of motion, coordination and balance
• Therapeutic activities for memory, orientation, cognitive integration and daily life skills
• Perceptual testing and training to maximize functional abilities and safety
• Splint fabrication for proper positioning, tone, management, and edema and pain reduction
• Community integration skills to allow for independent performance “at home”
Cherry Ridge’s speech-language pathologists address communication problems and swallowing dysfunctions by designing treatment plans to improve functional abilities and promote optimal interactions in the environment. These customized care plans may include:
• Verbal and non-verbal communication training, including the use of augmentative systems when necessary
• Communication comprehension techniques and therapies
• Memory, orientation and reasoning skill development services to improve cognition
• Oral muscle therapies to improve speaking and swallowing
• VitalStim Therapy to enhance swallowing abilities
Video Of Our New Therapy Tool!